1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 20, 2011 10:26 AM by philmodjunk

Script to perform find and replace

kevin.germain@psichi.org

Title

Script to perform find and replace

I have a layout that contains fields from 2 different tables. One of those tables is from an ODBC connection back to our eccommerce site. It contains password and user data for logging into our website. I can change the password field in this filemaker table and it updates the password info on the site so that appears to be working fine. The second table is our customer data information in filemaker. We also have a password field in it that we would like employees to be able to update and it automatically update the password field in our other table with a script...I've tried find and replace with no luck and also looked at replace field contents....What is the best way to do this? Thanks.

Kev

• 1. Re: Script to perform find and replace
          philmodjunk

Best way to do this is to define relationships so that this script is not needed by having just the one password field defined in one table. That  relationship then makes that password field available on the layout based on the customer information table.

A script can do this, but details depend on the structure of your database.

one option that you have not tried is to copy the needed ID data from the current record into a variable, then switch to a layout based on the other table, enter find mode and enter data from the variable as find criteria, perform the find and then use set field to update the record in the other table.