AnsweredAssumed Answered

Script to select a record in the current found set based on today's date

Question asked by RYinSF on Jun 2, 2011
Latest reply on Jun 3, 2011 by philmodjunk

Title

Script to select a record in the current found set based on today's date

I am putting together my first simple application with FMP 11. My goal is to have a simple account register that supports budgeting activity.

To this end, I have a table named "Register" that has Date, Amount, Status, CommittedBalance and TrialBalance fields. The use of the Date and Amount fields is obvious. The Status field contains one of three values (Paid, Cleared or Budgeted). CommittedBalance is a summary running total of records with a Status of Paid or Cleared. TrialBalance is a summary running total of all records. Thus, when sorted by Date, I have a list of transactions, each indicating the "CommittedBalance" and "TrialBalance" as it exists at the moment of that transaction. I have not found a way to persist the values in the two balance fields, so the balances are correct only if all transaction records are in the current found set.

I'd like to have a script that, in browse mode, selects a record based on today's (or any given) date. To be clear, I am talking about selecting a record in the current found set. This would allow me to quickly move to the current portion of the register. 

I have experimented with the "Go to Record/Request/Page-By Calculation" script step, but haven't found a way of identifying a target record's ID.

Thanks for any help 

Outcomes