AnsweredAssumed Answered

Script to show image preview in container field

Question asked by JenniferShaffer on Jun 8, 2011
Latest reply on Jun 8, 2011 by JenniferShaffer

Title

Script to show image preview in container field

Hello,

I have been looking for an answer to this question on the site and am either looking in the wrong spot or not searching the correct terms.  I am fairly new to FMP scripting and need an automated function that I am sure can be done - I just can't figure out how.  I am assuming that writing a script is the best way to do this.

Background:  I have a FMP database that keeps records of the use of images in my companies products.  i would like a preview of the image to appear in a container field.  The images are saved on a server.  Currently, I 'insert photo' into each records container field which is quite time consuming.  I have 30k+ records in my FMP database and 50k + hi-res photos on the server.

Action:  I would like to create a script that would allow me to push a button and have FMP automate the looking up of the image (image filename is recorded in a field already) in the server and place the reference file as a preview of the image.  I would assume that this would basically tell FMP that if the button is pushed, an image that resides on the server should be inserted as a reference file into the specified container field if the image filename field = the image file found on the server.

Does this make sense?

Please help :) !

Best,

Jenn

Outcomes