AnsweredAssumed Answered

Script Trigger or Calculated Result ?  Help !

Question asked by AAgraphics on Oct 12, 2009
Latest reply on Oct 13, 2009 by philmodjunk

Title

Script Trigger or Calculated Result ?  Help !

Using FileMaker 10 Advanced

Okay, I have multiple fields for Nutrition Facts and one field for Ingredients.

I have another field titled "Ingredients and Nutrition Facts Received" and this field should always be a date.

Once data is entered into the Nutrition Facts and Ingredient fields, I would like the "Ingredients and Nutrition Facts Received" field to be updated with the date that the relevant fields were essentially modified.  Also, the date should only be entered when all of the relevant fields have data entered into them.

Do I use script triggers, and if so what script do I use?

--(I tried doing this, but the script I used would take me to the "Ingredients and Nutrition Facts" field when enter the data in the other fields.  The solution should not do this.) 

Or do I use a calculated result for the "Ingredients and Nutrition Facts Received" field?

--I think this would be the best solution, but I have no idea how to write the calculation for this.

----I do have a calculation that I found and it is:

Let (

trigger = FIELD NAME ALPHA and FIELD NAME BETA and FIELD NAME DELTA

;

Get ( CurrentTimeStamp )

)

However, there is an issue when I use this script.  If there are default values that are in any one of the fields (FIELD NAME ALPHA, FIELD NAME BETA and FIELD NAME DELTA) whenever a new record is created, it calculates the date the record was created because there are default values in one of the fields.

Outcomes