AnsweredAssumed Answered

Script Trigger question when "opening" Filemaker Go 13

Question asked by Musoguy on Mar 21, 2015
Latest reply on Mar 23, 2015 by Musoguy

Title

Script Trigger question when "opening" Filemaker Go 13

Hi folks. Not sure how to test this (without having to wait 24 hours) so wondering if anyone can shed some light for me! I'm creating my first IOS companion solution to a desktop solution I've already created for a company (Filemaker Pro 13 and Filemaker Go 13). I'm writing a script that checks the start date of the database (when the user first enters info) against today's date. If the date has changed, resulting script steps will run. If I was doing this on a desktop solution, I'd just attach a script trigger when the database opens.

With IOS when you hit the home button on your phone, it just puts the Filemaker Go app into the background. So I presume when I go back into it, the script trigger will NOT fire with an OnFirstWindowOpen script set in the File Options. Is this correct? If so, I figured I could in theory set the trigger to OnGestureTap. The problem is I don't really want the script to fire every time the screen is tapped and slow down the solution (even though the If command will return as false 99.9% of the time)

Is there a better way to do this? I basically want the script to only fire when Filemaker is brought into focus.

Thanks in advance for any advice,  James

Outcomes