3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 22, 2015 12:03 PM by philmodjunk

Script Trigger tied to Radio Button / Field Content not firing as expected

WF7A

Title

Script Trigger tied to Radio Button / Field Content not firing as expected

Greets, all:

A quick question: I have a radio button'd field where, if the user does something silly like press Delete to null the field, there's a conditional formatting calc that turns the field's text yellow; when a choice is selected the text turns back to its original color (white). Fine.

The issue is that immediately after a user nulls that field, the conditional formatting calc doesn't fire; the user has to click elsewhere on-screen to commit the record which, in turn, will fire the calculation.

I tried different settings in the script parameter set-up window but I must be missing something since I'm not getting the results I want; I even tied it to a Commit Record script step but I get a FileMaker error message instead of simply turning the text yellow. I read FilleMaker's take on script triggers (http://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7465/~/understanding-and-using-script-triggers) but my density precludes my brain's neurons from processing the information. What's the trick to get this to work as desired? TIA for your help!