Script Triggers and unwanted looping
Hi folks ... after 5 hours of solid head beating, googling, experimenting and no luck ... I turn here.
I have a script that works well when fired manually. But if I try to use it as a layout script trigger it loops. I understand why (I think) but I can't devise a work around.
Here's the background.
- I have two tables (Clubs and People)
- records in each table contain geocode information (latitude/longtitude)
- I can run a script that determines the Person's location and can then calculate a secondary set of latitudes and longitudes that represents a 50 mile radius. (ie if latitude was 10.0 and I calculate latitude-variation and latitude+variation I will get a search string of for sake of arguement 8.5 ... 11.5)
- I can then plug this search string into the Clubs table and find the clubs that exist within that 50 mile radius. I give this foundset a global value (2)
- In my People page I have a portal that displayes these results based on a relationship where the People page also has a global value of (2).
Here's the problem
- If I run this script manually, no problem. Works slick
- But I want to be able to advance record by record in the People section and have the portal populate with the Clubs in the vicinity of the Person.
- The rub seems to come when it flips from layout to layout (even though it's faster than the human eye) it repeatedly sets off the trigger. Hence the loop
- I've tried OnRecordLoad, OnRecordCommit, OnLayoutLoad and even OnModeEnter. Same results.
- I can't seem to be able to set the fields for the find request without switching to the Club layout and then I have to switch back to the People layout to see the results in the portal.
Any suggestions or work arounds? I appreciate you consideration.