2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 14, 2009 11:23 AM by ninja

Script with radio button

anicolais

Title

Script with radio button

In IWP is there a way to either make a script notice what the user selects in a radio button field so i can use a scrupt trigger with it. Or possible make a button out of a radio button set or somehting? It is a Yes or No radio button and I need to perform a script trigger after the user selects one of these options but I don't know how to go about doing this since it's in IWP.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Script with radio button
          philmodjunk

I don't do IWP, so this may not work, but it's worth a try:

Place your radio button formatted field on your layout.

In layout mode, select the field and choose Format | Button Setup... to set it up as a button. Select the script you want to perform.

Now connect to your IWP DB via browser and see if the script is performed when you click the radio button.

• 2. Re: Script with radio button
            ninja

Howdy,

I've also done what Phil suggests but with a little twist, possibly overthinking things, possibly not.

Put your YES/NO radio buttons down.

Put a transparent box over the "YES" and setup it's button action to setfield=Yes then perform the script.

Put a 2nd transparent box over the "NO" and setup it's button action to setfield=No then perform the script.

Pretty much the function that Phil was getting at, but it lets you differentiate between the yes and no entries on the button set.  I honestly didn't try it direct on the button set...the transparents may not be needed in the first place...I hadn't considered it.