Script won’t create new record for IWP user
My FMP9 file contains two main tables, Contacts and Donations. Records are related via ContactID_pk and ContactID_fk values.
Contact layouts contain a button to run a script that will create a new, related Donation record. The script is effective when run on the home computer (Windows), but not when run by an IWP user (with full access privileges). The IWP user sees the Contact layout “blink” and nothing more. IWP user can run other scripts, such as ‘go to related donation record’ or ‘go to related contact record’.
I have used FMP for 10 years, but always at a pretty basic level. Script steps below. /s/ -Al
Script steps (10):
1. Set Variable [$contactID; Value:Contacts::contactID_pk]
2. Go to Layout [“Donation Data Entry” (Donations)]
3. New Record /Request
4. Set Field [Donations::ContactID_fk; $contactID]
5. Enter Find Mode
6. Set Field [Donations::ContactID_fk; $contactID]
7. Perform Find
8. Sort Records [Restore; No dialog]
9. Go to Record/Request/Page [Last]
10. Go to Field [Donations::Date of Donation]