2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 1, 2012 4:53 AM by PeterMontague

Script works on its own but not as part of another script. Why not?

PeterMontague

Title

Script works on its own but not as part of another script. Why not?

I have a script which I use to download a picture. It works quite well on its own. But when I include it as part of a larger script it returns a blank field instead of the picture. I have run the script debugger on it but it doesn't show me any problems with that part of the script. The rest of the larger script does all of the individual scraping jobs for me. But not this part. 

Any suggestions?

script.jpg

• 1. Re: Script works on its own but not as part of another script. Why not?
          philmodjunk

Is "Get Image" the script that doesn't work for you? You've only posted the master script here that calls it.

Without seeing the individual scripts, the only thing I can think to check is to compare the Get Title and Get Image scripts. Does "Get Title" change layouts? If it does, it might leave the next script with the wrong 'context' to function correctly--but I'd also expect that to be obvious in the debugger.

Other issues to check is that when you run a script in the debugger, sometimes screens update a bit differently from when it's not run in the debugger, see if a commit records or a 1 second pause after Get ( Title) makes any difference to the funciton of your script.

• 2. Re: Script works on its own but not as part of another script. Why not?
            PeterMontague

Hi Phil,

I think your layout trouble shooting worked for me. I remembered that I had made the get image script in another layout that was part of the same table. I didn't think it mattered if it was part of the same table but a different layout.