3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 6, 2009 3:15 PM by philmodjunk

script/ calculation: showing the content of a value list depending on another value ?

maloney

Title

script/ calculation: showing the content of a value list depending on another value ?

Hi guys,

I am new to Filemaker (Filemaker 10) and trying to setup a quoting/ invoicing database for our company.

Let's say we have products with different prices. Some products with unit some with hourly and some with daily prices. Some products may also have both, an  hour and a daily price. 

I have my products table with the products and prices. Each product has one record and each record has 3 fields for prices. (unit/ hour/ day)

For example:

Product A has a unit price. $ 10 as one entry.

Product B has a day price. $ 300 as one entry.

Product C has an hour & a day price. $40/hour a$400/day as two entries, both fields in the same record.

In the portal of the quoting form I would like the right price appear depending on what kind of price entry the product has. I also like to have a Drop-down List showing me the right price-type. The price-type would be:unit price/ hour/ day.

So if I choose product A, there should only appear "unit price" as price-type and $ 10 as price. 

If I choose product B, there should only appear "daily price" as price-type and $ 300 as price.

If I choose product C, there should be a Drop-down List with two entries showing me "hour price" and "day price". Depending on what I choose from the Drop-down List the right price for the product should appear.

I hope this is not to confusing.

Thank you.