2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 28, 2010 8:32 AM by EvanScott

Scripting

EvanScott

Title

Scripting

Would it just be easier and quicker to script with AppleScript vs. the built in calculations for scripting that filemaker supplies you with?

• 1. Re: Scripting
          philmodjunk

I don't think so, but others can answer more authoritatively than I on that issue.

The biggest drawback to using AppleScript is that a FileMaker solution that relies on AppleScript cannot function fully on a Windows system, so you have limited your database soley to use on Mac systems.

Thus, I wouldn't use Applescript except for cases where I could not accomplish what I needed with straight FileMaker scripts.

• 2. Re: Scripting
            EvanScott

Well, this database is only ever going to be used on a mac system but, my biggest dilemma is that I am searching for which is quicker and easier. I am comfortable with programming and personally think that AppleScript would be quicker than going through the GUI that filemaker has in order to do the same thing. I was wondering if other people thought the same thing or if the AppleScript still limits me to things that FM can do.