AnsweredAssumed Answered

SCRIPTING - Omitting Records - if it's NOT EMPTY of anything text or number

Question asked by blewvelvet on Jan 31, 2012
Latest reply on Jan 31, 2012 by philmodjunk

Title

SCRIPTING - Omitting Records - if it's NOT EMPTY of anything text or number

Ok..so logically I would think that if a field is NOT empty you would use a (TABLE:FIELD ≠ 0) NOT ZERO..to express that.

FYI the first line item to OMIT in the attached image of the scriplt... is if the record has a year that is not 2011...it should not be found either.

What's weird (see attached image) is that OMITTING a record that has SOMETHING in it.... it removes SOME records as a result.  About half of them that have data in that field remain. It's a text field I'm trying to determine if it's empty or not. If it's NOT EMPTY..I was hoping to OMIT it from the Loop. This definitely doesn't feel like a solid statement based on the result.

Where am I losing my logic? I guess I think too much in English terms in words of logic..but it just doesn't do what I expect sometimes.

Believe me..I search Google and try about 10 other variations of the script before I come here. It's always a last resort after I've spent an more than a day trying to find a solution. I started all this yesterday morning..and realized after futzing with it all morning..I'm just not getting it.

Screen_shot_2012-01-31_at_10.59.28_AM.jpg

Outcomes