1 Reply Latest reply on May 8, 2012 12:50 PM by philmodjunk

Scripting - Printing Individual reports based on find requests

davidsmith

Title

Scripting - Printing Individual reports based on find requests

I have employees that enter their time into the database.  I would like to run a script which does the following based on the invoices we produce but I cannot figure out how to run the script.  Here is what I am trying to do:

Based on each seperate invoice we create I need to print a separate report for each employee who worked on the case.  Each employee has their own employee number in the database. Each report will have different information so I would need to use a different layout for each employee.

For example:  Invoice X has employee A with 5 entries and employee B with 4 entries.  I want to produce a script that finds each entry for employee A and then produces the report which shows those entries, then the script will move onto employee B and print a seperate report which shows those entries for employee B.  

Any and all help is GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

• 1. Re: Scripting - Printing Individual reports based on find requests
          philmodjunk

Each report will have different information so I would need to use a different layout for each employee.

That's not really the case. You can use the same layout but pull up different records for each employee. You'll only need a different layout if the format or the type of information reported is different.

You'll have to describe what you mean by "5 entries" and "4 entries". Is this data entered into a single field, multiple fields, records in a related table?

A table of related records linked to both invoices and employees is probably what you need here in order to get your report.