1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 30, 2009 7:24 AM by ninja

Scripting a Script to Pause so I can enter a drop down menu on that field

blewvelvet

Title

Scripting a Script to Pause so I can enter a drop down menu on that field

Ok..I'm sure it's probably simpler and I'm just complicating it.

I have a radio button called "3 Way Billing" value - Yes or No

I have another field "FEE" which is a drop down menu of percentage values (.05, .10, .15, .20)

My script wish:

When this FEE field is clicked..I'm trying to start a script to do the following:

FIRST       Check the "3 Way Billing" to make sure it's selected "No". ("No" is a default already set up when a new project is created)

SECOND  If "3 Way Billing"= "No" then allow the user to use the FEE field as a normal pop up menu as it would be normally available in browse mode.

If "3 Way Billing" = YES..then deny the use of the field reminding them that they have selected the "3 Way Billing" process

Its seems simple and logical, however, my attempts at a various "trial and error" method has been failing me all day.

I've been leaving my laptop to think of some other subject..hoping a fresh brain will yield a "Eureka" moment when I come back and start over..but to no avail.

• 1. Re: Scripting a Script to Pause so I can enter a drop down menu on that field
          ninja

Howdy blewvelvet,

Welcome to the forum.

You mention a script to do this, but I don't see the need for a script.  But then perhaps I misunderstand.

If the Access Privileges to edit "FEE" are defined by calculation of the type: 3waybilling = "No"

then FMP will verify the "No" status before allowing FEE to be changed.  No script needed.

One loophole to consider, being that you're using radio buttons...what if I select a fee of 0.1 and then check 3waybilling back to "Yes".  To conquer that happenstance, you might also want to consider a validation on the 3waybilling field that looks at the Fee field to confirm that it is zero or empty.  Again, no script needed.

Hope this helps, let us know if it works the way you want it to.