AnsweredAssumed Answered

Scripting for IWP: failed finds

Question asked by temporos on May 20, 2009
Latest reply on May 28, 2009 by TSGal

Title

Scripting for IWP: failed finds

I'm sharing my database with a few users via Instant Web Publishing (IWP), and I am allowing them to perform finds on the records in that file.  The users are accessing the database file via a web browser.  I want to write a script that will perform a find on the fields specified by the user, then do one of two things:

1. if the find results in a nonempty found set, sorts the records and displays them in browse mode
  2. if the find results in an empty found set, returns the user to browse mode with no record displayed. 

Currently, the script works if the found set is nonempty.  However, if the found set is empty, a dialog box appears alerting the user.  When the "OK" button is clicked (the only button displayed), then the user is returned to find mode.  Clicking "Continue" on the left-hand menu bar does not continue the script; it refreshes the page in find mode.  I've tried using the get(LastError) and get(windowmode) functions, but the former is incompatible with IWP and the latter is never executed.

Any suggestions on how I would accomplish this? 

Outcomes