AnsweredAssumed Answered

Scripting Help for related records and applying date logic

Question asked by GregP on Jun 21, 2010
Latest reply on Jun 28, 2010 by philmodjunk

Title

Scripting Help for related records and applying date logic

I am working on an application for a volunteer organization to link Doctors to Patients for free health and dental care.  I am using FileMaker Pro 11 on Windows.  I have setup the following tables and forms for maintaining the information:

1.  Patients - includes basic Patient information (name, address, etc...)

2.  Providers (Doctor/Dentist, etc.) - basic information (name, address, type of provider, etc.) including how many patients they will see per week or per month

3.  Appointments - basic information (appt date, time, reason for visit, etc.) to keep track of the number of Appointments for each Patient and which Provider they visited

I have setup the appropriate relationships between each table.  Now comes my question.  Each Provider has specified how many Patients they will see in a given week or month.  I need to write a script that will tell me which providers are available for appointments at a given point in time.  I was thinking the output from this script would be a report but maybe there is a more clever way to do this?

Can someone give me some direction on how to do this?  I know I need to write a script but what is the best way to accomplish this in FileMaker.  Here is some psuedo code for my algorithm:

Date = user input date to begin the search

Week = calendar days of the week specified

Month = number of the month specified

Read a Provider Record (first record in table)

Loop

Available = false

If (TreatmentPerWeek > 0) {

Count = number of appointments this week

If (Count < TreatmentPerWeek)

Available = true

} 

else If (TreatmentPerMonth > 0) {

Count = number of appointments this month

If (Count < TreatmentPerMonth)

Available = true

} 

If Available = true

Print ProviderName

Read Next Provider Record (until last record in table )

End Loop

Thanks for your help.

Outcomes