AnsweredAssumed Answered

Scripting Multiple and Variable Find Requests

Question asked by jda76 on Jul 6, 2010
Latest reply on Jul 7, 2010 by philmodjunk

Title

Scripting Multiple and Variable Find Requests

I've been working on an search module that is becoming increasingly more complicated for me.  I'm hoping there is a simpler way to do it.

I've created a layout which is basically a form of global fields that the user fills out and then runs my find script which plugs in all those values in find mode.  Then I was told that two of the fields had to allow for multiple entries.  So, I allowed up to four entries in each of those fields (as repeating fields), filled up my script with a bunch of nested IFs to search for each possible combination.  NOW, it is being requested of me that a third field allow for multiple entries for the find.... in lieu of scripting each possible combination, is there a simpler way to do this?

Example Search:

Field1     Field2     Field3

A            J            X

B            K           Y

C                         Z

D

Example Results:  AJY, CKX, DKZ, AKZ. . .

The find results must match criteria from each of the fields, which may have 1-4 values (currently).  I would like to allow for more if the process can be simplified.

Thanks for any ideas.

I've been developing for my company for 5 years.  Using FM 11, FM Server 11, and FMA 11 on PCs mostly, Windows XP

Outcomes