2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 29, 2014 9:25 AM by JonSatow

Scripting multiple checklist values

JonSatow

Title

Scripting multiple checklist values

I am trying to create a script to check several values in a field displaying check boxes from a value list.  This can be done manually, but when I use the "Set Field" script command I seem only to be able to set one value.  When the script is run, it checks one value but unchecks all the others.

Is there a way to script the setting of multiple values in one go?

• 1. Re: Scripting multiple checklist values
          philmodjunk

The multiple values you might select by clicking check boxes are stored in the field as a list with a return separating each value.

Set Field [YourTable::YourCheckBoxField ; List ( "Value1" ; "Value2" ) ]

will "select" the check boxes for value1 and value2

Set Field [YourTable::YourCheckBoxField ; List ( YourTable::YourCheckBoxField ; "Value1" ) ]

will add "value 1" to the list of any values already in the field, thus checking the box for value 1 without clearing any of the others.

But you don't want to add a value that has already been selected.

So you check and see if the value has already been selected before adding it:

If [ Isempty ( FilterValues ( YourTable::YourCheckboxFeild ; "Value1" ) )  // value is not in the list ]
                  Set Field [YourTable::YourCheckBoxField ; List ( YourTable::YourCheckBoxField ; "Value1" ) ]
               End If

• 2. Re: Scripting multiple checklist values
            JonSatow