3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 2, 2011 12:08 PM by philmodjunk

Scripting/Triggering the Appearance of Fields

EvaRebholz

Title

Scripting/Triggering the Appearance of Fields

I'm pretty new to File Maker and am running Pro 11 and with the help of The Missing Manual have been able to figure out most of what I need to do to this point. BUT I'm creating a database that keeps track of the numerous employees in three different areas and am ideally trying to get the following to happen and just can't wrap my head on if it's even a possibility:

I would choose an area from a drop down menu (say Creative Team), which would then trigger the next field to be another drop down menu, from which I could choose a the project to which they were assigned, which would trigger the final field, an edit box, in which I could fill in their title/role in the project.

The further complication is if I were to choose Production Team from the first drop down menu, I would want that selection to trigger a drop down menu that I could choose the Department in which they work from, which would then trigger the final field which would be the same as above, an edit box in which I could fill in their title.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, even if it's sending me in the direction of a previous forum discussion!

Thanks in advance!