1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 18, 2014 11:08 AM by philmodjunk

Scripting: Relating Contact Data to Project Layout Field and Replacing Contact Key Identifier

TerinaSalerno

Title

Scripting: Relating Contact Data to Project Layout Field and Replacing Contact Key Identifier

I am hoping someone will help me.

On my contacts page I have 2 drop down fields.  The first is Type, with a value list of “Individual” or “Entity”.  The result of Type trigger which contact fields are shown.  The second field is Role, which identifies the contact as “client”, “client contact” , “related party” , or “vendor”.  For now I am concerned the result of Role being “client.”

My goal is to relate the contacts identified as client on the Project details layout and, if necessary, reassign it with a new key identifier.  The difficulty I keep experiencing is drafting a script that tells FM to (1) search for contacts with the parameters Role = client; Type = individual or entity (perhaps this parameter is not needed); (2) display a list view of the found client-contacts; and allow me to (3) select the appropriate client-contact (4) committing the selection to the “Client” field on my Project layout.

If someone has any insight on structuring this type of script, I am begging you to help.  

Kindest regards,

Terina