5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 25, 2014 12:36 PM by AnaDebem

Scripts and Calculations - Date Reminder

AnaDebem

Title

Scripts and Calculations - Date Reminder

Hi,

Help......  I am a Basic to Intermediate user.

Need help to set up a script or calculation to send date reminders. Example:  Personnel Records, evaluation required after 6 months date of hire - need  a date reminder triggered to relevant staff, etc. This would also be something we would use to register staff into benefits plan when they have been at our company after three months.

Thank you.

• 1. Re: Scripts and Calculations - Date Reminder
          philmodjunk

What you describe has several main parts to it:

1. A scripted find to find all records where Date of hire is more than 6 months old and an "evaluation complete" field is still empty.
          3. An Email is then sent to the "relevant staff" (And how do you determine which are relevant for a given employee record?)
          5. The script would need to be "scheduled" to run once a day

What part of that do you need help with?

• 2. Re: Scripts and Calculations - Date Reminder
            AnaDebem

OK I am now changing my intermediate level to basic now after I have seen your response.

We would need help with all three. I am working with a colleague on designing a database for Personnel. We are almost complete, but need this final step. We have been trying to find a video, but not successful.

Thank you for your help

• 3. Re: Scripts and Calculations - Date Reminder
              philmodjunk

Then let's get the parts working before we assemble them into a whole, automatic system.

First see if you can come up with a script that finds all employee records where the date of hire is 6 months or more from today. Then see if you can modify that script to exclude those where you've set a value in a field to mark that record as having had the reminder sent. (So it isn't sent out again.)

See this thread for examples of scripted finds: Scripted Find Examples

Hint: ignore the stuff on global fields as this won't apply. But do look at how dates can be used to create find criteria in these examples.

• 4. Re: Scripts and Calculations - Date Reminder
                AnaDebem

Colleague is gone for day, will do this first thing tomorrow morning and will update you for next step. Thanks again for your help.

• 5. Re: Scripts and Calculations - Date Reminder
                  AnaDebem

Given that we have have just set up the database and have not really entered any personnel information as yet the search not necessary? We have not set up a script as of yet. We will definitely save thread for future use.