Thank you for your post.
There is no "Scripts" menu in Instant Web Publishing. However, you can create buttons that when pressed, executes a script. Also, when creating the scripts, there is a pop-up box in the lower left corner just below "Show Compatibility". Change the pop-up to read "Web Publishing". Then, only the above script commands that are highlighted will be accessible in Instant Web Publishing.
If you need clarification for any of the above steps, please let me know.
How and where do I create and put the buttons?
To create a button, perform the following steps:
1. Pull down the View menu and select "Layout Mode"
2. Select an object, or create an object (oval tool, rectangle tool, etc.) and select it.
3. Pull down the Format menu and select "Button Setup..."
4. In the next dialog box, select "Perform Script" in the left column, and click the "Specify..." button on the right side.
5. Select the script you want to perform and click "OK"
Now, when you return to Browse Mode, you can click on the object/button, and the script selected in step #5 above will execute.
If you need additional clarification, please let me know.