AnsweredAssumed Answered

Scripts, Help a newbie

Question asked by NeilEmerton on Jul 10, 2014
Latest reply on Jul 10, 2014 by philmodjunk

Title

Scripts, Help a newbie

Hi all,

I am totally new to file maker and databases if I'm being totally honest! I have heard how easy filemaker is to use and thought I would give it a trial to see if this is a possible solution to create a basic company database. Having spent a day playing with some of the basics I have tried to create a very basic conversion from a lead (prospect) to a quotation.

I want the data that has already been created in the 'Lead' form (has its own table) to automatically be dragged into the quote form (separate table) to save re-entering the data that is common to both.

I have created a button and started to white the script to achieve this. Everything was straight forward until I tried to populate the data. I have tried the "insert from last visited" function and tried the GetNth record (of which I don't think I was doing correctly) so after total frustration on what was, up to this point, amazingly simple to figure out I figured its time to ask some experts! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Obviously not yet knowing the technical terms to explain myself I have attached a screen shots below that hopefully shows enough information.

I look forward to the 'education'!

Many thanks in advance

Neil

Screen_shot_1_leads.png

Outcomes