5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 12, 2009 10:37 AM by DonorTracker

Scroll Window [End] performs differently depending on zoom factor

DonorTracker

Title

Scroll Window [End] performs differently depending on zoom factor

FMPro-10 ...

In my List layout I use a Scroll Window [End] script command to scroll to the end of the sorted list.  If my zoom is 100% or less this works fine. But at 150% or greater zoom, it doesn't scroll all the way to the end.

Bug?  Feature?  Is there a work-around?  (I like my screen at 150% zoom.)  Thanks!

There is a similar problem if I Scroll Window [Home]

• 1. Re: Scroll Window [End] performs differently depending on zoom factor
          TSGal

DonorTracker:

Thank you for your post.

Yes, this problem has been reported.  FileMaker Pro should definitely take you to the top or end of the list with the Scroll Window [Home] or [End] options.

With an 8,000,000+ records table, I found repeating the Scroll Window script step worked.  That is:

Scroll Window [End]

Scroll Window [End]

... takes me to the end of the list consistently.

Thanks for taking the time to report this. 

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 2. Re: Scroll Window [End] performs differently depending on zoom factor
            DonorTracker

TSGal, thanks so much for that work-around ... though oddly enough I have to put the command in THREE! times to get the desired effect, thusly:

Scroll Window [End]

Scroll Window [End]

Scroll Window [End]

I probably have a larger footer than you -- and my monitor size may be different.

• 3. Re: Scroll Window [End] performs differently depending on zoom factor
              DonorTracker

I had to unmark your reply as an "accepted solution" because of some side effects using Scroll Window [End]  or  [Home], namely on the Lists where this problem occurs, the focus is messed up for items in the header or footer.

To give an example, I have a radio button field in the footer that selects what account I want to search on.  And a button that runs a find script based on start and stop dates, also in the footer.

If I run with a selection of variables that doesn't exhibit the Scroll problem, I can return to these fields in the footer and they continue to work as normal. But if my variables produce a longer List, which does exhibit the Scroll Window bug, then I can no longer change the radio buttons, and if I click in the date selection fields, it makes the date turn invisible (though it is still there).  If I click back in the List (Body) and then click back on the footer items, they work.  Any idea why this is?  As I say, this bug only shows up when the Scroll Window bug shows up.

• 4. Re: Scroll Window [End] performs differently depending on zoom factor
                TSGal

DonorTracker:

Thank you for the additional information.  I can definitely duplicate the problem.  The only workaround I have at this point is to replace your Scroll Window [End] and Scroll Window [Home] commands to Go to Record [Last] and Go to Record [First], respectively.

TSGal

FileMaker, Inc. 

• 5. Re: Scroll Window [End] performs differently depending on zoom factor
                  DonorTracker
                     Hi TSGal,  I guess great minds think alike: I was just about to post the same solution as you just did. It works for me. Thanks!