2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 21, 2009 1:15 PM by philmodjunk

Scrollable Portal Printing

one9lbhammer

Title

Scrollable Portal Printing

Filemaker Pro 10

Mac OSX Leopard

Moderate Level User

I've got my database set up and running wonderfully, but now I'm having trouble printing.  I have the sliding figured out and it looks exactly the way I want, but I have a scrollable portal (the answer to my dreams as far as invoicing goes) and I can't figure out how to print more than the six lines I have room for on my invoice.  Is there a script or step that I'm missing to be able to print the "hidden" rows of my portal? 

• 1. Re: Scrollable Portal Printing
          ninja

Howdy 9lb,

WYSIWYG ;)

Make a "print" layout that has your portal expanded to 10, 30, 300 rows...whatever it takes.  Don't use this expanded layout for working, just for printing.  That way you can see all of your lines on paper.

Make sure your sliding/printing also says to reduce the enclosing body part so your footer stuff doesn't end up below 14 blank pages...

• 2. Re: Scrollable Portal Printing
            philmodjunk
               Another option, is to make a report based on your LineItems table (The one your portal is based on). You can place related fields from your Invoices table in a Header or sub-summary part. Make this a list report and use a Find request to find all records for a given invoice and you can print out an invoice of any length you need.