4 Replies Latest reply on May 23, 2013 1:38 AM by KerillEzzy

Search another table, then insert a field from the latest (ie by date) record of that found set

KerillEzzy

Title

Search another table, then insert a field from the latest (ie by date) record of that found set

So that about sums it up.

I have a table Curent Data with a number of fields in it (eg DCA 01Current). I have another table, Repair Movement Log with two relevant fileds - Cable Name (filled in with eg DCA O1) and the other is Current Location (eg Level 8)

I would like to perform a search in Repair Movement Log that produces all records that have the cable name of DC01, then find the latest entry of this found set (by date) and then insert from this  record, the data in Current Location. I would then like to have that result automatically enter into one of the fields on the Current Data Table.

I need to perform this search  and insertion for 32 Cable Names.

For the first one, I have tried the followign and it tells me that there are no results to be found (which isn't the case :-))

Perform Quick Find [Repair Movement Log::Cable Name = "DCA 01"

Insert Calculated Result [Select; Current Data::DCA01Current; Last ( Repair Movement Log::current Location)]

I am guessing that this is pretty simple and I have missed something along the way but without a lot of experience with scripting.. 

Is there also a way that I can do this relatively quickly for a number of fields in the Current Data Table that align with the other 31 instances of this.

Any help is most welcome!