6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 26, 2012 7:35 AM by Fagreement

search in a portal

Fagreement

Title

search in a portal

stupid question:

i have a portal where i put the following in the filter:

Document::DocumentName = $$globalsearch

with this filter the portal will display record only if DocumentName match exactely $$globalsearch

my question: instaed of the operator = , i want to have something like "containing"

I mean $$globalsearch could be a word and DocumentName a sentence

thanks

• 1. Re: search in a portal
          Fagreement

furthermore, how can i process to highlight the word that i m searching within the filed in the portal

• 2. Re: search in a portal
            Sorbsbuster

Filter with PatternCount ( Document::DocumentName ; $$globalsearch )

• 3. Re: search in a portal
              philmodjunk

Highlighting the matching text in Document Name would likely require a custom function that uses recursion to loop through the document name text to find and change the text style of any text that matches.

• 4. Re: search in a portal
                Fagreement

ok PatternCount is working , thanks.

but in another portal, so other filter i have the following dilema:

i want to apply a filter like:

PatternCount ( criteria1 ; table::field2)  operator1
                PatternCount ( criteria2 ; table::field2)

1st difficulty: criteria1 have the value "DocumentName", so first of all I have to concat another string to have finally Document::DocumentName which is a real field in a table. how can i do this?

2nd difficulty: operator1 have the value of "AND" or "OR", how could I apply this in my filter?

hope i was clear

thank you in advance

• 5. Re: search in a portal
                  Sorbsbuster

1.  I've suggested an answer in your other post.

2. You can use either 'and'  or 'or', depending on whether you want the filter to include records that meet both criteria or only one of them.  (Although I think I may have understood this part of the question.)

• 6. Re: search in a portal
                    Fagreement

1. ok

2. but how can i do this?

gOperator7 is a list box and may contains OR / AND

PatternCount ( GlobalFields::gFiled7;  GlobalFields::gCriteria7) & GlobalFields::gOperator7 &
                    PatternCount ( GlobalFields::gFiled8 ;  GlobalFields::gCriteria8)