1 Reply Latest reply on May 9, 2011 8:47 AM by philmodjunk

Search of multiple records

OlivierMaurin

Title

Search of multiple records

Hello, 

I am trying to search a list of records in my database (not a serie, but entries distributed in the database).

In the Find mode, I can search for several records by clicking on "New Request" and adding in my search as many as I want,  however I wonder is there is a way to import a list of records directly into my search in order to avoid Copy/Paste each entry....

Hope somebody can help

Best wishes

Olive 

Hello and thanks PhilModJunk,

sorry if I my question was not clear

What I mean with "list of records" is a list entries (for one single field), so I can extract from the database the infos ( from other fields)  for these records

I attach one screen shots to this post. In the first one I have a list of entries for the field "Collecting Number" in order to extract the "Collecting localisation". 

Is there a way to import from an excel document ( for example) the list of "Collecting Number" directly into my search window without having to type them all.

I am sorry if it sound confusing, 

Thanks and best wishes

Olive

Screen_shot_2011-05-09_at_6.39.33_PM.png

• 1. Re: Search of multiple records
          philmodjunk

Please describe what you mean by a "list of records". If you mean using a list of values to generate a list of find requests, that can be scripted.

You can enter/import a list of values into a global text field and then a script can loop through the values in the global field to generate a series of find requests.

#After entering the values in a global text field, YourTable::gListofValues...
          Enter Find Mode [] //clear pause check box
          Set Variable [$I ; Value: 1 ]
          Set Field [YourTable::ValueField ; GetValue ( YourTable::gListofValues ; $I )]
          Loop
             Set Variable [$I ; Value: $I + 1 ]
             Exit Loop If [$I > ValueCount ( YourTable::gListofValues ) ]
             New Record/Request
             Set Field [YourTable::ValueField ; GetValue ( YourTable::gListofValues ; $I )]
          End Loop
          Set Error capture [on]
          Perform Find []