Question asked by Maikel on Jan 14, 2015
Latest reply on Jan 14, 2015 by philmodjunk

Title

Search several fields in one search

To explain my question let me visualize it first

#Tabel1
<ID>
 <field 1>

#Tabel 2                                  #Tabel 3                                #FLUSH
<FK_ID_TABEL1>                <FK_ID_TABEL1>                      <Global1>
<field 2>                                 <field 3>                                             . 

Table 1 is a parent table and tables two and three are child tables linked by a relationship of Table1:ID to FK_ID_TABEL1. 

In my database I call a script whit the function "show custom dialog" to get my input for a search the input field of mij search wil be temporarily stored in  <global1>. 

Now I'm looking for a search method to search field one, two and three if there are results that match the field <global1> the record of # table1 should be visible on a layout (list view) based on #table1. 

In a normal search you eliminate all results that do not match a search. So when I fill in three fields and one of the fields does not match the three fields than the record is eliminated from the search result.
Now I'm looking for a method that the record is still displayed when only one or more fields match the search. 

Outcomes