4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 5, 2011 1:50 PM by jepardiojepardio

Search-Find a list of names and web publishing problems

LM

Title

Search-Find a list of names and web publishing problems

Hi all,

1) I have an excel (or TXT) list of names to search into a DB. Each one could result in more than one row. I need to export all result, is it possibile to do it automatically ? Now I'm doing: search, than I find one or more rows, than I do export in excel. Beacuse namens are more than 1000, can I do a automatic research and obtain result ?

2) I cannot do web publishing with FM pro advanced 11. And cannot let at disposal the DB in a LAN. Each time it says that another occurence is working on this file, as FM Server could be. I don't have FM Server, I have a MAC OSX with regular IP number il my lan. I've done a scan of all port and 5001 and 5003 are open. I also tried without firewall, and I have nothing else in the LAN, except for the router, but this is for go in web. I have had a previous versione of FM 10, but I've deleted it all.

Please... !

Thank you,

F

• 1. Re: Search-Find a list of names and web publishing problems
          philmodjunk

1) " I have an excel (or TXT) list of names to search into a DB. Each one could result in more than one row."

I can't quite understand that description. Can you post an example?

• 2. Re: Search-Find a list of names and web publishing problems
            LM

Sure, here' the first:

Denominazione_Azienda
            SPORTWAGEN SRL
            TECNO FUMI
            ROMANA UTENSILI
            DIGRAPH
            CO.M.E.L.
            INFOTRADING
            STAR FIRE
            LUCCHINI CALZATURE SRL

And many more...

Each one has a corrispondance in FM. Example I search fo the first, manually, "SPORTWAGEN", and here's results from other table:

codfisdenomipivaregimp
            06463671005    SPORTWAGEN S.R.L. IN LIQUIDAZIONE                                                                                                                           RM-2001-51438       
            06567541005    AP SPORTWAGEN SRL                                                                                                                                           RM-2001-133670      
            06567541005    AP SPORTWAGEN SRL                                                                                                                                           RM-2001-133670      
            07514501001    SPORTWAGEN EUR S.R.L.                                                                                                                             07514501001RM-2003-117847      
            07514501001    SPORTWAGEN EUR S.R.L.                                                                                                                                       RM-2003-117847      
            08905311000    SPORTWAGEN S.R.L.                                                                                                                                           RM-2006-74111       
            08905311000    SPORTWAGEN S.R.L.                                                                                                                                           RM-2006-74111       
            09496891004    MAX SPORTWAGEN - SOCIETA' A RESPONSABILITA' LIMITATA                                                                                                        RM-2007-143130      
            09737751009    SPORTWAGEN EUR ITALIA S.R.L.                                                                                                                                RM-2007-324316      
            09737751009    SPORTWAGEN EUR ITALIA S.R.L.                                                                                                                                RM-2007-324316      

The number of rows is more than 4, anyway hope this is more clear...

F

• 3. Re: Search-Find a list of names and web publishing problems
              philmodjunk

If you can get that list into a variable or global field, you can automate the find. Do you want to want to perform a series of finds, one for each item in your list or do you want to see a single found set of all records that match at least one item on your list?

I can't help you with your second issue as I don't have a mac system and haven't worked much with instant web publishing. If no one chimes in here with suggestions, you may need to post that request separately.

Here's the script for pulling up a single combined list:

Define a global text field, gNameList and place it on your layout. Now you can select a group of cells in your excel spreadsheet, then copy and paste them into this global field just before you run the script.

Enter Find Mode []

Set Variable [$I ; Value: 1 ]

Loop

Set Field [YourTable::YourNameField ; GetValue ( YourTable::gNameList ; $I ) ]

Set Variable [$I ; Value: $I + 1 ]

Exit Loop if [$I > ValueCount ( YourTable::gNameList ) ]

New Record/Request

End Loop

Set Error Capture [on]

Perform Find []

• 4. Re: Search-Find a list of names and web publishing problems
                jepardiojepardio

Hello,

I want to perform a series of finds. I want to find a group of people by using their ID numbers coded as a number field.

Just like:

I tried the code. But I could not manage to make it work.

How do we paste the numbers from excel to make the above script to work? Seperated by comma, tab? Or we just paste it. I tried many ways but it did not work.

I tried the code many times so I think my problem is either in loop function or GetValue from gNameList.

Could you please help me?

Thanks in advance.