9 Replies Latest reply on Aug 28, 2009 9:43 AM by dp

Searches based on aggregate calculation (Sum) mysteriously stopped working -- ideas?

dp

Title

Searches based on aggregate calculation (Sum) mysteriously stopped working -- ideas?

Here's a puzzler:

I have several calculation fields of the form =Sum ( Related::field ) which display the sums that I expect in Browse Mode and can sort by the results of the calculation, but as of recently any find based on the contents of those fields returns no results. This is especially confusing because I did check that those finds were working about a week ago, and no changes were made in the relationships between then and when they stopped working.

As far as I know, the only significant change to the database is that another (large) batch of records has been added to the source table for these calculations, bringing the total number of records there to over 140K. The relationship filters this down substantially (the largest related set is 4000 records, average 27, median 15), but is there a chance that I'm hitting some kind of hard limit here? I have tried increasing my local file cache size from the default 8 MB up to 64 MB, but no luck.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.