AnsweredAssumed Answered

Searching a field in a filtered portal returns parent records with filtered-out items

Question asked by realgrouchy on Jan 29, 2015
Latest reply on Jan 29, 2015 by realgrouchy

Title

Searching a field in a filtered portal returns parent records with filtered-out items

In my parent layout/table, I have a global field with values "Current" and "Archived", with a portal showing entries from a table. Each entry in the child table has a field that can be set to either "Current" or "Archived".

The relationship between the two tables has two entries, matching parentID, and Parent::globalCurrentorArchived = Child::CurrentorArchived.

This successfully filters out the results shown in the portal when I toggle the Current/Archived switch in the parent layout. However, if I perform a search in the parent layout for a field in the portal, it returns all results, not just those filtered by Parent::globalCurrentorArchived = Child::CurrentorArchived.

That is, it returns all records in the Parent table that have an entry in the child table. Those child table entries don't show up in the portal, but I only want parent results that have Current entries in the child table.

I don't have a field in the portal for the child entry's Current/Archived value, though I suppose if I did one could manually search it, but that becomes time consuming (especially since I have a few portals/child tables with this functionality).

If I put the current/archived field in the portal, is there a way to get that field to automatically populate with the global field value when I perform a search (or otherwise achieve the desired functionality)?

Thanks,

- RG>

Outcomes