AnsweredAssumed Answered

Searching and Summarizing fields

Question asked by TysonBoelmen on Apr 8, 2013
Latest reply on Apr 9, 2013 by philmodjunk

Title

Searching and Summarizing fields

Hello,

New to FM12 so any help is greatly appreciated. I've built a database that has information regarding time sheets. Inside the time sheet will have a drop down list (value) from Job Number. I need to build a form that when you select a job number it will search all time sheets for that job number. Once it has found all time sheets that have that job number inside of it, it will give me job activities that will have a total amount of time given for each job activities over the whole job. I know I'm being pretty vague on it, so please ask any questions you may have. But I will try to describe it with a graph below.

Job Number: 12345

Work Type: Install                       Hours: 42

Work Type: Programming         Hours: 6                               Total Hours: 50

Work Type: Training                  Hours: 2  

Basically, when you choose the job number it will poll all the records for that found job number, find all work type activities that is tied to that job number and total those numbers for each activities then total all the numbers.

Ive got the time sheets built and I've been able to get the system to search for the records but I can seem to figure out how to tell it to find by work type when only attached to the job number. Or even if I could get a script to run after I choose the drop downs to search for the selected items then run a sum. I'm not sure but thanks for the help                        

Capture_2.PNG

Outcomes