AnsweredAssumed Answered

Searching by Fiscal Year

Question asked by Atkins on Oct 30, 2012
Latest reply on Oct 31, 2012 by Atkins

Title

Searching by Fiscal Year

Hello,

I'm trying to create a report that searches by fiscal year and shows items that have a date in that range.  The "date" field is a calculation field based on other fields related to the record, and it's working well.  Because I'm searching by fiscal year, I know the beginning and end dates, and I want the user to give a single input as to what fiscal year they want to search.

For instance:  I have a pop-up that asks, "what fiscal year would you like to search?" and prompt them to put in a 4-digit year.  If they input 2012 then I want to search the date range for 9/1/2012 to 8/31/2013.  I've tried several different iteration of calculations and scripts to try and make this work and am just not having any luck.  I also read a post that said to use a 'set field' script and put in a date range using the "..." operator, but I can't set the field I want to search because it's a calculation field and is not editable.  Maybe this is the root of my problem?

Any feedback would be appreciated.  I think I need help with the logic as much as the actual scripting.  How do I get a year entry (2012) into a date range of 9/1/2012 to 8/31/2012 in my script?  And then how do I search my records using that info?

Thanks!

Outcomes