1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 19, 2014 1:36 PM by philmodjunk

Searching Multiple Fields Help

productionQC

Title

Searching Multiple Fields Help

Hello,

I have a Popover that uses a portal to list all parts in inventory.  Above the portal I have a search field that searches only the items description and works perfect. The portal uses this filter:

(IsEmpty ( PopUp | All Parts 2::SearchText) or PatternCount ( PopUp | All Parts 2::Description ; PopUp | All Parts 2::SearchText ))

My question is this... How do I expand the search to other fields.  Is is just a matter of add another "or" to the filter and adding another field?

Example:??    (IsEmpty ( PopUp | All Parts 2::SearchText) or PatternCount ( PopUp | All Parts 2::Description ; PopUp | All Parts 2::SearchText ) or PopUp | All Parts 2::PartNumber ; PopUp | All Parts 2::SearchText ) )

Thanks

• 1. Re: Searching Multiple Fields Help
          philmodjunk

or PopUp | All Parts 2::PartNumber ; PopUp | All Parts 2::SearchText ) )

doesn't make sense and will trip an error when you try to enter it. You'd need to use:

Either:

or PopUp | All Parts 2::PartNumber = PopUp | All Parts 2::SearchText )

or:

or patternCount ( PopUp | All Parts 2::PartNumber ; PopUp | All Parts 2::SearchText ) )