AnsweredAssumed Answered

Security settings with extended privileges

Question asked by GiulioDidiodato on May 28, 2014
Latest reply on May 29, 2014 by GiulioDidiodato

Title

Security settings with extended privileges

Hello

I have created a database that 5 separate hospitals will use to collect similar patient health data

I have created a single table for all the patient health data variables

In the layout where this data is collected, I have created an extended privilege set using 'limited' functionality (for field 'hospital') for each hospital such that each hospital can view its own patient data but not the patient data of any other hospital

Now i want to create a layout where the anonymized and aggregated patient data can be searched by the patient data fields by anyone and everyone can view any hospital's data so that they can make inter-hospital comparisons.  So for example, by searching the data fields hospital, gender and age, anyone can see what the aggregated values are for specific outcomes that have been calculated from the initial data entries 

The problem i am having is that the initial restriction that i created to limit viewing to only your own hospital for data entry of patient-level data seems to carry over into the aggregated patient data layout, and I don't know how to solve this issue

Would appreciate some guidance on this issue

Thanks 

Outcomes