2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 16, 2011 2:44 AM by CamillaHarrysson

See results of conditional formatting in window not currently selected

CamillaHarrysson

Title

See results of conditional formatting in window not currently selected

Hi,

Is it possible to trigger the results of conditional formatting from an other window?

I have a booking system with a week view with all planned jobs for all employees. The user can then open a separate window with a listview of all related jobs placed on that particular week. Now from the window with the list of jobs I have a button on each row that triggers conditional formatting to show where the job is placed in the week view. However the only way I know to trigger the result from the conditional formatting is Refresh window. At the moment I switch windows with select window, perform Refresh and then return. This is causing a considerable blinking of the front window for the user and I wonder if there is any way to avoid this?

Grateful for answers! 

• 1. Re: See results of conditional formatting in window not currently selected
          philmodjunk

Not as far as I know.

Only suggestion I can make is to see if there's a way to do this either all in the same window or by hiding the other window until they click the button so that you don't see the window flash.

• 2. Re: See results of conditional formatting in window not currently selected
            CamillaHarrysson

Thank you PhilModJunk for the answer! The whole point of it is that the user can see both window at the same time and clicking on several buttons sequentially while rearrange and adding jobs to the planning so hiding the window is not an option here, but worth to remember.

In the same window, maybe haven´t consider it when it will cause the layout to extend outside the screen of a laptop. However for the users doing the most planning I have suggested a bigger screen in order to get an overview of all data needed to consider when doing the complex planning of teams of personnel, equipment and location. The purchase is under way so maybe it would be the best solution even for other reasons.

I have read several good answers on post here at the forum helping me and nearly all of them posted by you - so thanks again for beeing so extremly helpful and busy :)