2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 11, 2009 6:32 AM by comment_1

see selected field

DaisyK

Title

see selected field

My client is having difficulty seeing the next selected field in the tab order. Is there any way to control the appearance of the field that is selected?

• 1. Re: see selected field
          LaRetta_1

What version are you using?  No matter your version, you can change all of your field's formatting to move the cursor a bit to the right so the cursor can be easily seen because it will flash a bit away from the edge.  Select field and  Format > Line Spacing > Custom > Indent Left 5.

Conditional formatting works a treat if your version allows:

Set each field with background color of yellow (or whatever color you want to highlight when the field is selected).  Attach to each field this conditional formatting formula: 1 and color the fill to white (or whatever you non-selected fields should be). (concept learned from Comment).

Now when you move into a field, it highlights in yellow.

Corrected formula - anything which evaluates to true will work.

• 2. Re: see selected field
            comment_1

LaRetta wrote:

Attach to each field this conditional formatting formula: 1 and color the fill to white (or whatever you non-selected fields should be). (concept learned from Comment).

Well, I'd love to take credit for this but I am afraid  someone else beat me to it.