3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 12, 2013 8:49 AM by philmodjunk

Seeing data from another table using relationships

JustinEdwards

Title

Seeing data from another table using relationships

issue:

I've done almost everything to try and display information thats on another table in a new table.

I've used relationships, i've tried editing the layout so it shows the actual same content, nothing.

I don't understand where i'm going wrong?

• 1. Re: Seeing data from another table using relationships
          symbister

Hi Justin

You're going to have be more precise - describe your setup, how many tables, relationships, how they are related...are you using portals on one layout to display data from another table?

• 2. Re: Seeing data from another table using relationships
            JustinEdwards

I have a table which has order information, like their name, reference for their order, address, email and so forth.

I have another table with their name, reference, for their order, address, tracking number but no email address

I want a third table which pulls in their name from the first table, their reference from the first table and their email address from the second table

this so the third table will have

Name:

Reference:

Tracking Number:

• 3. Re: Seeing data from another table using relationships
              philmodjunk

You should not but a name field in all three tables. With the proper relationships in place, you can leave the name field in one table and access it from the context of any of these three tables.

But I can't parse out the "roles" each of these tables will play and thus can't determine how the relationships will be set up. Can you explain how you intend to use these three tables? That will help me or someone else to figure out which ones are on the "many" side of a relationship.