5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 9, 2009 4:21 PM by ijontichy

Seeing multiple portal entries in Table view OR  as product of calculation

ijontichy

Title

Seeing multiple portal entries in Table view OR  as product of calculation

OSX Snow Leopard.   FM10Pro Advanced.   Moderately knowledgeable user raised by wolves.

I'm using my database with a new boss who wants to see information in a new way and I'm stumped and I hope it's simple.

I have a database for Film Shots that require work.   There is a related table that breaks down the work into VFX-related tasks (related to the main table by the "SHOT NAME."   My primary layout has these tasks portaled in and I like it that way because they are discrete and easy to delete, etc.   There is another portal showing  Animation-related tasks that works the same way.

My new boss would like to see all of this information either while working in Table view (and right now I only see the first task of each portal).

Or even better...is there a calculation that would allow me to harvest both task lists and display in a single field?

Hoping this is easy and thanking the forces at work on this forum--I've never been disappointed in the advice and am grateful for your patience.