4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 15, 2010 3:09 PM by LaRetta_1

Selecting more than on field

Tyler

Title

Selecting more than on field

Hi,

I'm pretty new to FileMaker Pro and I entered in many lines of data at Font size 10 but it I want it to be Font size 12 (a bit easier on the eyes). Besides going to each field, selecting the text and changing the size, I want to select multiple fields and change the font size of all of them. How can I do this? I am working on a Mac and I can't seem to select more than one field at a time. I have tried holding shift, option, control, command or any combination there of but it only selects one field.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Selecting more than on field
          ryan

Enter Layout Mode

Select the Fields you like to increase the Font Size on by holding down the Shift key and clicking on each field.

Then go to Format > Size > 12

• 2. Re: Selecting more than on field
            LaRetta_1

Two additional options for mass selecting: 

1) to just grab several fields at once but not all:  encircle your fields while holding down left mouse to select many at once.

2) to grab all identical objects on the layout ... select one field and specify Edit.   Then hold down shift and click 'select all'.  If you have a field selected, it will auto select all fields on your layout.  If you have labels selected, it will auto select all labels.

• 3. Re: Selecting more than on field
              philmodjunk

I think Tyler is asking about how to change text styles while in browse mode and our posters are answering in terms of how to change text styles while in layout mode. :smileywink:

If I am correct, then no, you can't select and modify the style of text in more than one field at a time.

• 4. Re: Selecting more than on field
                LaRetta_1

Except that the question was to increase font so it is 'easier on the eyes' which doesn't require changing actual text - only layout display of it.  At least that's my take on it. :smileyhappy: