AnsweredAssumed Answered

Selecting part values from Value List

Question asked by ChrisSmythe on Nov 25, 2012
Latest reply on Dec 3, 2012 by ChrisSmythe

Title

Selecting part values from Value List

Hello, I am running FileMaker Pro v12 on Windows XP and am hoping that someone would kindly assist me with the following (please see my database at the following link:

https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D0681807_60165357_49551  (Account Name: Admin   Password: click on OK as there is no password).

Background:

My DeploymentDetails::OperationExercise field is link to a Value List named OperationExerciseNames.

When a user selects an Operation / Exercise from the dropdown list, they can scroll down the list to select an existing Operation / Exercise name. This works OK.

Alternatively, when a user decides to not use the dropdown list and types in the actual value directly, then that works OK too.

For example: the user may choose to use the dropdown list to select value: Operation Silver (Operation Silver is in the Value List). Alternatively, they may type the whole value: Operation Silver into the DeploymentDetails::OperationExercise field.

Question:

Does FileMaker have the ability for a user to type in only one word in a multiple word value that is part of a Value List?

As per previous example, can the user just type in the word Silver and then the Value List recognises that the word Silver is part of the value: Operation Silver?

Kind regards,

Chris smiley

Values_List.jpg

Outcomes