AnsweredAssumed Answered

Selecting portal records to add into invoice total

Question asked by ffdstudios on Mar 21, 2014
Latest reply on Mar 22, 2014 by ffdstudios

Title

Selecting portal records to add into invoice total

I am using Filemaker Pro 12 to create a database for a Dog Walking/Pet Sitting business.  Tables are as follows:

Customer: Parent Table to hold basic client information such as name, address, email, phone, etc

Pets: Child Table to hold basic pet information such as name, breed, allergies, etc

Events: Child Table to hold calendar information specific to when a client wants their pet walked/looked after, such as date, time, type of event (pulled from the Scheduling table), event total, which pets will be walked/looked after, etc

Scheduling: Parent Table which holds the info pertaining to event types such as Session Type, First Pet cost, Additional Pet Cost, Holiday Cost.

Pets_Events: TO from the Pets table to link to the events table, so when the  a new event is created and the client is chosen, a list of all their pets is shown on the event

Table Relationships

Customer::_pkCustomerID = Pets::_fkCustomerID

Customer::_pkCustomerID = Events:_fkCustomerID

Scheduling::_pkSchedulingID = Events::_fkSchedulingID

Pets_Events::_fkCustomerID = Events::CustomerName

ISSUE

I have a portal on the Events table layout so when I create a  new event and choose the customer, all of their pets pop up.  Sometimes, however, a customer doesn't want all of their pets looked after during one particular event.  If the customer has a dog and a cat, but only wants to schedule a 15 minute walk for their dog, I don't want to charge them for their pet.  The way I have the calculation set up now, the event total takes into account all animals the customer has.  I would like to (perhaps use a radio button in the portal) and pick which animals the customer wants looked after, and then charge accordingly.  I realize I cannot put a radio button on the Pets table and then pull that into the portal, because I want it to be based on the event, not the pet and that would change other invoices for other sessions.  I tried creating a radio button on the Events table and put that into the portal, but when I chose 1 pet, it selected all pets.  Then I tried making it global, but the same thing happened.  So I'm at a loss....  any and all help is appreciated!  

Screen_Shot_2014-03-21_at_11.47.37_AM.png

Outcomes