12 Replies Latest reply on Apr 19, 2012 6:51 AM by Sorbsbuster

Selecting records depending on AccountName

StefanÖstlind

Title

Selecting records depending on AccountName

I would like to share my some database layouts with my customers. They log in with their personal username in IWP. I only want the records that pertain to them to show, the rest must remain hidden. This is what I have done so far.

A) I created a separate table where cAccountName=Get(AccountName) on window open and is stored as a global record.

B) Each Customer has a field that I fill in manually called OnlineUserName. This I make sure is identical to the username I assign to them.

C) Each record has a notion of what customer "owns" it and thus is related to the OnlineUserName

D) I created a script that goes to a layout and then Find Records where cAccountName=OnlineUserName

This gives me 0 records as a result and I don't understand why.

I am extremely grateful for any advice and open for a totally new approach but I am way amauerish in scripting so please be verbose.

Also I tried to just skip the whole table of cAccountName and just compare Get(AccountName) with OnlineUserName but that didn't work. I think it has to do with thta the user isn't the creator of the record and thus the Get(AccountName) gives my info instad of theirs.