1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 6, 2009 6:17 AM by david_lalonde@d-cogit.ca

Selection on a Value List triggers a date, help

AAgraphics

Title

Selection on a Value List triggers a date, help

We are using FMP10 

I have a value list that is a very important value list in our database.  The value list has different events and as one key event is selected in the value list, I want the selection of a specific value in the value list to trigger the entry of a date in another field.  However, as different events are selected on the value list, I do not want the previously entered dates to be modified.  Here is a simplified summary of what the value list looks like:

Concept

Concept Approved

Pre-Production

Pre-Production Approved

Production Started

Production Completed

Now when "Concept Approved" is selected, I want the field that is titled "Concept Approved" to have the date of when "Concept Approved" was selected.  However, as other values are selected on the value list, I do not want this date to change.  There are other dates that I want to be triggered by the value list, like "Pre-Production Approved".  How do I write a calculation for this?

• 1. Re: Selection on a Value List triggers a date, help
          david_lalonde@d-cogit.ca

Each date field needs a calculated value auto-entry option. To make sure dates do not change, click the "Do not replace existing value of field (if any)" option. Selecting the "Prohibit modification of value during data entry" option stops users from manually entering a date in browse mode (if that helps).

For the Concept date field, it would look like this:

If (valueListField = "Concept"; Get (CurrentDate); "")

Hope this helps!