1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 9, 2014 7:23 AM by KevinMoody

SELF RELATIONSHIP HELP

KevinMoody

Title

SELF RELATIONSHIP HELP

Hello all, first I would like to ask if anyone could give me any advice on the following:

I would like to know how to structure my database for my company.  I have watched countless hours of videos on lynda.com about filemaker.  Some things are easy to grasp, and others are not so much.

I own a screen printing and embroidery company, and I would like my data base to have:

Invoicing

Products

Customers

Artwork Approval forms

Project management

and a few other modules.

I have the first few understood.  I am getting a little frustrated with the artwork approval side. I really like the way T-works manager is set up.  Even though it is overly complicated.  I would like to create a more simplified version of that.

(You can google T-works manager and download a demo to get an understanding of what I need.)

That is basically my over all project needs, now I am struggling with a part of my database where I have a portal, and I would like a container field updated with the images in the portal rows.

Screen_Shot_2014-11-09_at_10.10.59_AM.png

• 1. Re: SELF RELATIONSHIP HELP
          KevinMoody

Also here as my relationship graph.  I was not sure if the artwork approval needed to have its own table, or if I could just base the layout on the invoices table, which I played around with, that seemed to work because if I do it that way, the invoice number automatically pops up, I had difficulties adding an automatic artwork approval form for each invoice when I had the table separate.