1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 14, 2010 1:26 AM by Steve Wright

Selling and Distributing Runtime Solutions- Allowed?

craig5005

Title

Selling and Distributing Runtime Solutions- Allowed?

Quick question.  With a standard license for FM Pro Adv (purchased through Filemaker) can I sell and distribute runtime solutions?  Do I need to be a member of the FM Business Alliance?  Do I need a different FM license (other than the one that comes with the $499 FM Pro Adv)?

Thanks

• 1. Re: Selling and Distributing Runtime Solutions- Allowed?
          Steve Wright

craig5005 wrote:

Quick question.  With a standard license for FM Pro Adv (purchased through Filemaker) can I sell and distribute runtime solutions?  Do I need to be a member of the FM Business Alliance?  Do I need a different FM license (other than the one that comes with the $499 FM Pro Adv)?

Thanks

Yes you can distribute the runtimes without becoming a member of the FBA or buying any additional licences.

The runtimes are fairly crippled, if you end up needing to supply networkable versions, using SQL data sources, using charts or save to PDF functions you may want to look into the Solution Bundle Agreement (SBA) for this you need to be an FBA member.

Although charts and PDF functions can be obtained via third party plugins etc.