1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 9, 2009 5:10 AM by BetoBoton

Send Customized Email

jshels

Title

Send Customized Email

Hi All,

I feel this is a relatively simple question but I was unable to find an answer by doing a search, I'm pretty new to FileMaker.

I have a database to manage my production company, one table is clients, the second table is projects. Often times 1 client will have multiple projects at a time so I felt this would be an easy way to set it up so I could create ledgers and other layouts like that which would let me see all of a clients information at once.

The issue I'm trying to figure out is that I'd like to have a button that will send a custom email to a client that might have information like the date of their next recording session. How would I go about creating this? Essentially I have a body of text and just need a number of fields merged within the text. I'm currently using FM8 but will be upgrading to FM10 shortly. 

Thanks in advance,

Jon 

• 1. Re: Send Customized Email
          BetoBoton

Hi jshels

There is a very simple solution (FM ready made solution) you can adapt at start up of my FMP 9 Adv.

It is called Lending Library.fp7 . Have a look in your startup screen (Under Home collection)

It has a simple merge of text and fields.

Another way of doing it is to create a table with messages templates and another table with  distribution list and link your distribution list to your clients table.

This is a more sophisticated approach (I'm still trying this since I'm a beginner with FMP) 

Sorry If I confuse you more than answer your question.

cheers

Beto