2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 30, 2013 3:09 PM by DanSmith

Send E Mail Button

DanSmith

Title

Send E Mail Button

Hey Guys,

I created a layout in filemaker for equipment checkout for my school.  I added a button to the layout to send a email to a group of 5 people who handle the checkouts.  The problem I am having is they are reciving the email but it only contains the data i n the feilds not the layout with the data in it.  For instance I used the texted tool in the layout and typed type of equipment.  I then have a feild called equipment type.  The email only shows laptop not equipment type laptop.  The problem is some things are a question like do you need someone to subsittue your class with a yes or no check box.  The email just sends the yes or no answer not the question Do you need a substitute for your class.  Any help would be great thanks so much for your time.

• 1. Re: Send E Mail Button
          philmodjunk

As you have discovered, you cannot email a layout to someone. You can either construct a calculation that puts this info, both the content of selected fields and their labels in the body of the email as plain text, or you can save a PDF of your layout and attach the PDF to your email.

Your calculation for the body of the email might include an expression such as this:

"Type of Equipment: " & YourTable::EquipmentType

• 2. Re: Send E Mail Button
            DanSmith

Ok calculations are over my head I was hoping there would be a box to check to send the text along with the feild info.  D you know of a better solution for what I am trying to do?